Monday, July 23, 2007

Hot Taco Dip

This is one of Autumn's favorite recipes. She usually asks for it on her birthday. Though that is still several months away, she and her friend Ashley did a guest spot in my kitchen today, and made this dish. They giggled as much as they cooked.

This dip is taken straight from the oven and served with tortilla chips. Or, if you prefer, you can spoon some onto a flour tortilla, roll, and enjoy! Add a nice green salad, and your meal is complete.

First, spread 2 8oz. pkgs. of cream cheese on the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
Next, spread a 29 oz. can of refried beans over the cream cheese.

After browning a pound of ground meat, add taco seasoning and cook as usual.
Distribute the taco meat over the beans.
Top with 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese.

Bake at 350 F for 35-40 minutes.So, let's recap that!

2 8oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
29 oz. can refried beans
1 pound ground meat
1 pkg. taco seasoning
8 oz. cheddar cheese

Spread cream cheese on the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Spread the refried beans on top of the cream cheese. Top with cooked, taco-seasoned meat. Sprinkle with 8 oz. cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 F for 35-40 minutes.

8 comments:

Kelli said...

This looks sooo yummy, Tracy! I like your idea of serving it as a meal. Do you think I could use black beans instead of refried ones?
I loved all the pictures. It looks like it was a fun, giggly day in the kitchen. :0)
Kelli

Kelli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheri said...

This looks so yummy! And, the looks on the cook's faces are priceless too!

****** said...

Wow the models you had demonstrating the making of this dish sure are absolutely beautiful! ;-)
The food look great too!!

Front Porch Society said...

I found your site via Sheri's website. Hope you don't mind! I love to cook/bake so I may be stopping by for some recipes and tips from time to time. :)

Amanda Jean said...

this looks so good! thanks for sharing the recipe. I'll have to try it sometime when my sister and I get together.

Tracy said...

Kelli,
I think that you could substitute black beans in the recipe. I'd mash them a little though.

Susan said...

Going to be sure I have all the ingredients when I shop tomorrow and try this. Being a NM native I love Spanish food and this looks oh so yummy!
Susan