Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Baked Oatmeal (for Ginger!)


Wow! My first request for a recipe. I'm so pleased that she thought to ask ME!
So Ginger, here is my recipe. I hope that it is as good as what you had at the coffee shop.

Baked Oatmeal

1 1/2 cups quick oats
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup melted butter
1 egg
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix all ingredients. Spread in a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 F for 25- 30 minutes. Spoon into bowls and top with fruit and milk.

I like to bake some apples with a little cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on them, and place those on top when serving.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracy, I can't wait to try this. It sounds wonderful and I'm sitting here just out of bed and hungry.
You are wonderful and such a blessing. I only wish I could have requested the baker to come to my house and make it for me instead of just the recipe :) Everything you make always looks fantastic!

Karen said...

Thank you for sharing this, Tracy! My husband and I are both trying to eat oatmeal more often, and this looks like a recipe that he might enjoy. I think I'll try this recipe this coming weekend.

Anonymous said...

I wrote a special post about the recipe. I'm hoping to make it tomorrow morning. Thanks again!

Karen said...

Thank you, Tracy, for this recipe! We both enjoyed it a great deal. I sliced up a large apple and baked it right onto the top of the oatmeal, sprinkling cinnamon and sugar lightly over the apple slices. The only thing I'll do differently next time is to double the recipe of the oatmeal part so that we can have leftovers for another day. :-)

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Tracy,
My darling husband loves baked oatmeal. I was talking to my daughter about making baked oatmeal for him in the morning so he can eat some when he gets home from work. I got online right away and came to this blog to find a recipe! I knew you would have a delicious and easy to make recipe! Thanks so much! Deanna