Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Penne with Fresh Tomato Sauce


I love making pasta with ingredients that I have on hand for an quick meal. This time it was Penne pasta, and garden fresh tomatoes.

1 pound box Penne pasta
3-4 fresh tomatoes, diced Use any variety you like from Big Boy to Roma, they're all delicious!
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
extra virgin olive oil
salt
pepper
basil


Cook pasta according to package directions. In the meantime, in a large skillet, heat a small amount of olive oil and add the fresh pressed or minced garlic to it. Saute until soft. Add in diced tomatoes. Add 1 tsp basil, 2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp black pepper.

Drain the noodles, and toss with sauce. Serve with mozzarella or Parmesan cheese if desired.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Yum! I love to make all sorts of variations on the "penne with fresh tomato sauce" theme when my tomatoes are big and red and seem to come in ripe in floods. My tomatoes are still green, but soon I will be making this!