Monday, July 28, 2008

Randi's Gyros


Gyro Meat
1 cup minced onion
4 cloves minced garlic
2 pounds ground pork
4 TB. lemon juice
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. cumin

Saute onion and garlic in a bit of oil until onion is transparent. Add the rest of the ingredients to the onion mixture and cook until the meat is browned.

Sauce:
8 ounces plain yogurt
1/2 tsp. vinegar
1/2 tsp. dill
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar

Combine all sauce ingredients and chill until ready to use.

Basically, you put some meat, some sauce, and some lettuce, tomato, red onion, olives, sliced cucumber and banana peppers in a pita pocket and enjoy!

Thanks to Randi at i have to say... for allowing me to post her recipe here! It's a hit each time I make them.

2 comments:

Front Porch Society said...

Now this looks delicious!!!! I love gyros!

Lori said...

I must copy this recipe. I love gyros or tortilla wrap type sandwiches.