Monday, April 14, 2008

Stuffed Shells

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lbs. ground chuck
1 1/2 lbs. ground turkey
1 onion, diced
24 oz. Ricotta cheese
4 eggs
2 pkgs. frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
spaghetti sauce
2 pkgs. jumbo shells


Pour sauce over the bottom of large casserole dishes. Spoon filling into shells, and place more sauce over the top. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.


Brown meat and diced onion. Drain well. Cool.



Add cheese, eggs, and spinach.

Mix well.

Cook jumbo shells according to package. Drain and cool slightly.

Pour sauce over the bottom of large casserole dishes.

Spoon filling into shells, and place in casserole pans. Place more sauce over the top. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

This makes alot, which is great for a big family. If you don't have a big family or lots of company coming over, make it anyway. It freezes well. Wrap it up, and stick it in the freezer, unbaked.

post signature

6 comments:

sherry said...

Oh dear that's easy *and* looks yummy. I'm copying it to my 'puter to print. ;o)

Renna said...

Oh, yum! I'll be making it, alright!

I have a son (grown) who positively will not eat spinach. If I were to make part of the mixture for him minus the spinach, should I simply add more ricotta, you think?

Tracy said...

Renna,

You could just leave the spinach out. It will work just fine.

Front Porch Society said...

Looks fabulous!

Woman in a Window said...

YYYUUUmMMMM! And that small m was an accident!

pei girl said...

made this for supper and my hubby and I just loved it I served with green salad and garlic bread.