Thursday, October 11, 2007

Beck's Butter Tarts

Beck, of Frog and Toad are Still Friends, shared this recipe a short while back. She made them sound so good, I knew I had to make them for my family. She didn't disappoint. As a matter of fact, Autumn declared, "Beck is a genius!"

Beck graciously allowed me to share the recipe here. If you haven't read her blog before, go check her out, you won't be sorry.



Prepare pie pastry for a two-crust pie and roll it out on a floured surface. Using a big round cookie cutter, or a big round cup, cut out 12 circles and line 12 medium sized muffin cups with them. Do not prick the crust. Pour boiling water over 1/2 cup raisins and let them sit around until fat. Drain. And yes, you can skip the raisins if you really hate them, but the tarts are good with raisins. Really. Arrange your drained raisins in the tart shells.

Mix together:

1/4 cup softened butter

1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar

Stir in:

1 cup corn syrup

2 eggs, slightly beaten

1/4 tsp. salt

1 tsp. vanilla

Combine just until blended. Spoon into unbaked tart shells, filling each about 2/3 full. Bake in oven, preheated to 375 F for 15 to 18 minutes. Do not allow filling to bubble over. Let them cool completely before taking them out of the tin.

3 comments:

Beck said...

Your butter tarts look DELICIOUS! Much better than mine.
Yum.

Front Porch Society said...

These look delicious! :)

Edi said...

I love butter tarts! I try to make them about 1x per year around Thanksgiving or Xmas...they are pretty much the best tart out there!

My problem always is getting the tart out of the tin after they are cooked...usually half end up broken/torn. I'd love to use the pre-made tart shells but I can't find them around where we live.