Saturday, January 30, 2010

Roasted Cauliflower Soup


My friend Sherri shared this recipe with me, and we all enjoyed it. (adapted from allrecipes.com)


2 heads cauliflower - washed and separated into pieces
1 lb carrots - peeled and quartered
2 large onions - quartered
4-6 garlic cloves or to taste


Preheat oven to 425. In roasting pan, drizzle veggies with small amount of olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until toasted and tender, about 20-30 minutes. Stir occasionally so veggies do not burn.

Transfer veggies to stock pot.

Add:
6 cups chicken broth
1 bay leaf
1 tsp dried thyme

Bring to a simmer and cook 30 minutes. Remove bay leaf. Puree with an immersion blender in the pot or in batches in a blender.

Stir in 1 cup 1/2 and 1/2 and heat through.


Yummy topped with grated Parmesan and served with a loaf of crusty bread.




1 comment:

Danielle said...

Mmmm, another good one Tracy! We had this last night with supper. I used light cream because that is what I had. (I don't know the difference!?!??) I also cooked it for 10 minutes in the pressure cooker instead of simmering 30 min. Soup is such an easy way to get veggies into my family!