Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Pink Coconut Ice



Whip up a batch of these simple confections to serve your coconut- loving Valentine.

14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
5 cups confectioner's sugar
5 cups shredded coconut
pink food coloring (optional)

Line an 8 or 9 inch square baking pan with parchment or waxed paper. In a large bowl, combine milk, and confectioner's sugar. Stir in coconut. Mix until well combined, and a stiff mixture is achieved. Divide mixture in half. Press half of mixture into lined baking pan. Gently roll a drinking glass back and forth to smooth it out. Gently knead in a few drops of food coloring to the second half of mixture. Press it on top of first layer. Roll again with drinking glass. Cover well and chill. After several hours or overnight, cut into 3/4 to 1 inch squares.

Can be stored in an airtight container for several weeks.

7 comments:

Lady Laura said...

Thanks for sharing this. I plan on giving it a try as I have coconut left over from our Christmas cookies. I was thinking of macaroons--but this looks easier.

Sheri said...

Yum! I have to try these... they look so girlie and delicate!

Jordin said...

I might have to make these for MYSELF for Valentine's Day, since Matt isn't a huge coconut fan. Looks delicious, as always. :)

Unknown said...

thank you for this recipe! my friend gave me a measuring cup set that had the american units for christmas. i'm gona inaugurate it with this recipe and give the delicacies to her. looks yummy!

Renna said...

I love a dessert that tastes good, and looks pretty! I am anxious to try these. I'm wondering about the possibility of rolling these out to about the same thickness, but not in the pan, and using a heart-shaped cookie cutter. I realize there would be some 'waste', tho it wouldn't really be wasted, as it would get eaten, too! ;-)

Tracy said...

Renna,

I removed these from the pan before cutting them, as the pan was lined with parchment. Hearts would be cute, but you'd have to use a VERY tiny one, as they are very sweet.

Unknown said...

I just finished making some of this and I think I done a pretty good job. Thanks for sharing.
dining table