Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Festive Cheese Ball

You don't have to make your cheese ball look this cute, but why wouldn't you want to?


Ingredients:
2 (8 oz) pkgs. cream
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 (2.25 oz) jar dried chipped beef
1/3 cup very finely chopped onion
1/4 cup prepared Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing
2 tablespoons softened butter
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
almonds
chopped pecans
black olive
green olive

Rinse dried chipped beef, and dry with a paper towel. Chop very into very fine pieces, about 1/4" x 1/4 ". Chop onion very fine.




In a medium bowl, combine softened cream cheese, butter, dried beef, onion, Worcestershire sauce, and salad dressing. Mix well. Add shredded cheese, and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for two hours.




Remove from refrigerator, and mold into a shape resembling a body of a porcupine. Or, if you are boring, you can just form a ball and call it a day.

Place a black olive for the nose. Cut a green olive in half, and place them for the eyes. Stand almonds, and place rounded side down into the cheese at intervals to make the quills of the porcupine.



Cover the remaining cheese ball with chopped pecans, filling in between the almonds, but leaving some of the face without nuts. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Serve with your favorite crackers, and prepare for loads of compliments!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracy, just stopped by to check out all of the recipes I've missed. I've enjoyed all the great things you have shared on your blog. I wish I had your love of making food. I'm seeing some things here that I think I need to try. Nowwwwwwwww, where do I find the motivation that you have?

Ruth said...

LOL! That is just toooooo cute! Love it!!

Lori said...

MNN~ I love to eat cheeseballs.

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! it will make a great appetizer for football night here too - thanks!

Front Porch Society said...

That is too cute!! :)

nannykim said...

CUTE!!!!!

Sandra Evertson said...

That is so Cute, I wouldn't want to eat him!
Sandra Evertson
P.S.
But I probably would!