Monday, April 26, 2010

Carrot Salad


slightly adapted from Sally Fallon's Nourishing Traditions to use what I had in my cupboards

12 medium carrots, peeled and grated
1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
1/2 cup toasted pecans
1 Tbls. fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1/2 c. raisins (optional-I left them out)

dressing:
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 Tbls. plus 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbls. expeller-expressed flax oil




Mix all ingredients together and chill until serving. Tastes very good sprinkled with salt and pepper. Even for breakfast!




3 comments:

Sharon said...

This really sounds good! Thanks for sharing!

Kathleen said...

this sounds really good. I love the health benefits from the flax seed oil.

precious said...

This one sounds so good! I love carrots because of their color. LOL
kitchen tables